This scale plastic model kit accurately depicts the Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien. The Hien was officially adopted by the Imperial Japanese Army in 1943, and stood out among its Japanese aircraft contemporaries in the Pacific War on account of its liquid-cooled Ha-40 engine, slimline fuselage and long, elegant wing. A number of different variants were produced, among them the Ki-61-Id which featured a 20cm-elongated nose to house 20mm cannons, plus 12.7mm machine guns in the wing. In fact, with 1,360 units it was the most prolifically produced Hien variant; its superior performance at higher altitudes meant that it was often given the brief of taking on incoming U.S. B29 bombers in the skies around the home islands of Japan.
• 1/72 scale plastic model assembly kit. Approx. length: 125mm, approx. wingspan: 167mm.
• The model accurately depicts the Ki-61-Id Hien with elongated nose and slimline fuselage.
• The cockpit parts breakdown is changed from its 1/48 scale counterpart, and can be pre-assembled then slotted into the already-built fuselage sides.
• The fuselage underside radiator/oil cooler is artfully recreated with a single piece.
• One-piece canopy offers excellent fit with fuselage.
• Clear parts are included to recreate light and gun sight components.
• Optional Venturi tube and fuel cooler parts are included.
• Comes with 3 marking options, including the colorful tones of the 244th Air Group.
top of page
$27.00 Regular Price
bottom of page